Saturday 18 February 2012

Corrie Nielsen AW12


That's right, kids - it's London Fashion Week again! Wasn't it just Spring/Summer?! Time flies when you're busy being fashionable, I guess...

My first show of the season was the glorious Corrie Nielsen. I was fortunate enough to see her stunning SS12 collection (which I wrote about over at Swell Vintage), but I have to say this season surpassed my expectations.

My photographs didn't come out so well (but you can see them over on my Facebook page if you fancy), so I've borrowed some for the official London Fashion Week website. Here's a selection of my favourite pieces.









This season, Corrie Nielsen's collection featured rich colours, luxurious fabrics and masterful draping that was ruched in all the right places. With a generous mix of seductive chiffon and blood-red tartan tones, it's clear that Corrie's pieces are made for strong, empowered women that need a modern armour - in fact, I'm pretty sure she'd be the designer of choice for Elizabeth I or Boudica if they were around today. The collection was also complimented perfectly by a array of strikingly intricate headpieces, designed by the extremely talented Emma Yeo.

If you haven't guessed already, I absolutely loved the show and it was one of my favourites of the day. Judging by the attendance and the buzz surrounding the show, it's safe to say that both Corrie Nielsen and Emma Yeo are going to be around for a very long time, and I for one can't wait to see what they do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?